Did You Know…
- Around 280 Australians develop diabetes every day.
- Diabetes is Australia’s fastest growing chronic disease.
- Diabetes is the sixth leading cause of death in Australia.
- The exact cause of Type 1 Diabetes is not yet known, but it has a strong link to family genetics.
- Type 1 Diabetes cannot be prevented or cured, the symptoms can only be treated.
- Over 1,000,000 Australians are currently diagnosed with having Diabetes. Chances are you know someone who has been affected by this disease or are personally affected by it.
At present there is no cure for Diabetes. However, Australian researchers are leading the world in their quest to find a cure and are discovering improved management techniques and products for management of the disease until such time as a cure is found.
For more information on diabetes or on the Australian Diabetes Councils please head to their website www.australiandiabetescouncil.com